Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nail Care

As previously stated I am someone who paints my nails a lot...meaning at least once a week if not more. I have been noticing my actual nails are chipping more then they used to and thought all the painting/removing may have something to do with it. I found this article in Lucky Magazine the other day that explains this and thought I should start paying more attention to my poor nails. So these are the steps I am taking for the health of my nails...hoping it works!


The useful article from Lucky.


My new purchases...organic/non acetone polish remover and Burt's Bees cuticle cream. You can see I got a bonus pomegranate lip balm with my purchase...score!


All the things I need for my weekly polish...remover and cotton balls, nail file and buffer, polish and cuticle cream.


My first attempt at the new polish remover. Since it is gentler on your nails it also takes much longer to get the polish off and about 4x the cotton balls. It also smells just as bad as the acetone versions just a different more chalky bad smell. But hey it's for the sake of the nails right!?!


After the removing, filing, buffing and painting the article said it is good to put the Burt's Bees cuticle cream on your cuticles (the part where your nail and skin meet) every night. Hope this mini tutorial helps...xoxo.

1 comment: