Thursday, April 5, 2012

Grass Pots

Every spring I love growing grass in pots to put around the house. It makes the house feel springy and it was something my mom would always do that I loved. I usually make them in pots that don't have holes in the bottom so they don't last more then a few weeks but they are so fun while they last.

Here are the steps I take to make my grass pots...happy planting! xoxo


Materials: Soil, grass seed, tin foil, pots.


The pots filled with soil. (I line my tin pots with tin foil because I find that they leak when I water the grass.)


After putting the seed in the soil I water them and put them in my window for maximum sun light.


Growing...it only took a week to get this out of control!


When they get crazy like this it is a fun look but I usually cut them down a bit.


The groomed pots.


Ideas for Easter decorating with my eggs...!?!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Esp here were we have awhile til the grass will be green!

    ReplyDelete