Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cake Cups

Ever since the Launch Party two weeks ago I have had lots of people ask me how to make the cake cups I served for dessert. So here you go...

Supplies:
1) A baked cake... I used a box mix for this cake and just added pink dye to match the party...any cake will work.
2) Frosting... I used a basic buttercream recipe from the old school Better Homes and Gardens cook book. Any frosting will work, I think strawberries and whip cream would be cute for layering and delicious too!
3) Clear cups for serving so you can see the layers.
4) Decorations for the top...candles, sprinkles etc...the options are endless.


When you are planning on making a layered cake and this is what happens you need to improvise...cake cups is what I came up with.


I put a layer of cake on the bottom of the glasses, then a layer of frosting, then another cake layer etc. You can do as many layers that will fit your glass.


I finished mine off with hot pink sprinkles.


The finished cake cups on display in the dessert/candy bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment