Monday, May 7, 2012

Quinoa Salad

Friday night I was invited to a Pinterest Potluck. Meaning you bring a recipe you have pinned on one of your boards. I decided to bring a quinoa salad. I think they are delicious and I always see such good recipes for them. I ended up making my own recipe with things I liked and had in the house. Here is the recipe I came up with (and will be pinning, so technically I'm not breaking the rules:) More on the party tomorrow...xoxo. 

Quinoa Salad

1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 can whole kernel corn
2 can black beans
2 avocados peeled, pitted and cubed
1 red onion chopped
1-2 cups cherry tomatoes diced
1 cup fresh cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste
Lime juice to taste

Cook quinoa according to box and let cool. Chop onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado. Combine all ingredients. 


The ingredients.

A little chopping.

The canned ingredients.

Peeling/pitting/slicing the avocado.

The finished salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment