Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thirty and a Half

Tomorrow I will have been thirty for 6 months! It was my golden birthday last September 30th (30 on the 30th) so I made a big deal out of it. I started the planning 6 months in advance. I always love a good party and planning it is most of the fun for me.

I started with a color scheme...magenta, of course, and decided to throw in gold for the golden birthday aspect. Then I had to find a venue...after much research I decided to have it at our loft. It is a large open space and after all the money we would be saving on not renting out a space we could spend the money on food and drinks.

Being a designer I couldn't do anything but paper stationary. And since I was going all out I decided to make it cocktail attire...it's fun to get dressed up now and again.

With the help of a few friends to help me clean, make the food and decorate the night was a huge success. Thanks for everyone who came out to party! Here are a few pics from the night...xoxo


The party at our loft.


The invites I designed: gold envelopes, magenta paper and gold confetti inside.


Some of the decor: home made garland, lots of magenta flowers, gold 30s all over the place.


The desserts: cupcakes, Oreo truffles with gold dust and strawberries.


The food: bruschetta, hummus and pita chips, fruit kebabs, cheese and crackers, tomato/basil/mozzarella sticks, and veggies.


Nic working hard all night making delicious drinks, he used LOTS of limes with the seven signature cocktails being served.


Blowing out 30 trick candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment