Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Flower Arranging

One of my favorite hobbies is making flower arrangements and having them around our house. I can count on one hand how many times Ben has bought flowers for me in our 9 year relationship...so I am stuck with buying them for myself. To tell you the truth buying the flowers is part of the fun for me. I head over to the local Produce Junction with an abundant flower selection and where you can get a bouquet for $2! (including roses/tulips etc.) Of course this means I buy at least 5 bouquets and head home to make my own arrangements. Here are the steps I take to make a simple arrangement to brighten up our house.


Coming home with 5+ bouquets and other fresh things from Produce Junction. Everything is so reasonably priced it is hard to not stock up.


Always cut the tip of the stems off the flowers so they can drink up the water. I know this is a no brainer for most of you...just thought I would reiterate. :)


I keep the flowers in a large vase of water after I have cut off the stems until I am ready to make the arrangements.


One of the finished arrangements...I love playing around with the flowers until I am happy with their placement...there is no 'right' way...whatever looks good to you is great. Just have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment