Monday, June 4, 2012

Antipasto Pasta Salad

Hope you had a great weekend! Ben and I had a relaxing time at the shore...I will be posting about it soon. We also spent the majority of Sunday afternoon picnicking and relaxing at the park. Picnics are one of my favorite warm weather activities.  Antipasto pasta salad is my go to picnic meal. I have seen many delicious recipes for this salad but below is the one I have made up based on this one. Mine has a few tweeks in an effort to keep it reasonably priced...I think it is pretty delicious. Enjoy...xoxo!

Ingredients:
1 pound rotini pasta
1/4 pound pepperoni sausage, chopped
1/2 pound swiss cheese, diced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
salt and ground black pepper to taste

1-Cook the pasta. Drain, and cool under cold water. 2-In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pepperoni, swiss cheese, green bell pepper and tomatoes. Stir in the envelope of dressing mix. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour. 3-To prepare the dressing whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad, and mix well.
All the ingredients.

All the chopping.

Once I have mixed the ingredients I add the dry italian dressing, cover and refrigerate.

Adding the dressing and parmesan cheese.

Ready to eat...I serve it with kettle chips and a blood orange soda...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment