Friday, March 28, 2014

Tassel Tutorial


Tassels seem to be all the rage these days and since E's birthday party theme was basically just bright colors I thought tassels would be great for decorating the house for her party. They are super easy to make but I ended up making over 100 so it took some time. I just made a few every night while watching TV and before you know it I had 100+.

Here is my tutorial...

Start with tissue paper, scissors and tape. Cut the paper in half lengthwise then set them on top of each other and fold them in half. Then cut about 1/2 inch stripes almost to the top but leaving the top inch uncut. Then separate the 2 sheets.


Then gather the middle of the paper where it is uncut and twist it. Then make a loop out of the twisted part making sure to leave a little opening to string a ribbon through. Then wrap a piece of tape around the base of the loop to secure it.


Then you can string them to hang.


And I made mini tassels for E's birthday cake...exactly the same way you make the large ones just a little tricky since they are so tiny. Have a fabulous weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment