Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Pashmina

In January 2001, while traveling in Greece, I was introduced to the pashmina (knock off). My tour guide was wearing this beautiful scarf that was always tied in a fun new way. And that is where I bought my first pashmina...soon to start a small obsession. From then on every time I visited Europe I would buy a few. Now living only 90 minutes from NYC, and frequently visiting the city, I buy a pashmina almost every visit. So you can imagine I have quite a collection! My favorite part of this small obsession is that it is a reasonably priced accessory that will spice up any outfit from jeans and a t-shirt to a dress. When buying these I never pay over $5 a scarf and often you can get 5 for $20 in NYC !


Some of my collection.


Buying pashminas in NYC (with my friend Charis:).


A few ways to wear one.

No comments:

Post a Comment