Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DIY Name Art

With so many friends having babies I find it hard to get a good gift. So I decided to make a little name art for the babies. I love making them and it is a unique gift...here is how you can make on of your own. xoxo

What you need:
-Canvas any size (I usually do 6"x6")
-Fabric (a little bigger than the canvas)
-Staple gun
-Foam brush
-Mod Podge
-Acrylic or fabric paint
-Paint brush or sponge

The supplies.

Paint the Mod Podge on the top of the canvas, then flip the canvas over onto the back of the fabric. Make sure there are no air bubbles. Then Mod Podge the sides and fold up fabric.

Staple the folded up fabric onto the back of the canvas while the Mod Podge is still wet.
Then paint Mod Podge all over the finished canvas. It will look white but don't worry it dries clean.
Let dry.


I made a stencil for mine, you could also do free hand. 

I taped the stencil onto the canvas so it wouldn't move while I sponge painted it.

The finished gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment