Monday, December 10, 2012

English Toffee

One of my favorite holiday treats...so I make a batch every Christmas. I found this recipe that is closest to what I remeber from growing up. Here is a little 'how to' and a few photos to help you along the way. xoxo

Ingredients:
-1 cup butter
-1 cup sugar
-1/4 cup water
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 cup chopped pecans (I use walnuts)


All the ingredients.

In a suace pan combine butter, sugar, water and salt. Use a candy thermometer and bring to 300 deg. It will be a light brown when it is ready.

Pour into an ungreased 13"x9" pan and let cool.

Melt chocolate over hot water and spread onto toffee, and sprinkle with nuts. Let cool for 2-3 hours or chill for 30 min.

Once cooled break apart and it is ready to eat!

Packaged up to give as gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment